My latest piece… ok, so it is not really mine, but when the creative energy strikes, you hit the gas pedal and run with it. As a writer, I am ALWAYS, at any given moment, looking for inspiration. Rarely, these days, does it strike, or at least not since those 8 weeks ago that I walked through the streets of Jerusalem, and said to myself, “this feels like home”, followed by that intimate moment I stood at the Western Wall in Israel and poured my little heart out to G-d. You know, that dude upstairs; that we so often forget to thank, praise, and have gratitude for. Tonight is one of those moments that I feel a divine presence tapped into me when I came across this anonymous post. There is no need to elaborate on any of it, because the truth is I’ve lived it all. #1 – 45 — I still am in fact, everyday, sometimes all at once. Since this blog, and my posts, are meant to inspire, when I find something that tugs on the heart strings, the first thing I need to do is share it. Perhaps, you’ve lived these too, and still are.
So here’s to 1-45, but most of all; to # 18; a writer writes. If you want to be a writer, keeping writing.
Here’s to hoping!
45 IMPORTANT LIFE LESSONS
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. You can get through anything, if you stay put in today.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, keep writing.
19. Light the candles, bring out the fancy china. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. If you can say NO, then you also have the power to say YES.
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
27. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Believe in miracles.
33. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
34. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
35. Growing old beats the alternative – dying young.
36. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
37. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
38. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
39. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
40. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
41. The best is yet to come.
42. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
43. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
44. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
45. It’s your story, your ending. You choose what you want this # to be.